Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ticker Tape Quilts

So I googled Ticker Tape Quilts and knew this was something I had to try. I should have read the instructions but it will turn out in the end. What I didn't do is sandwich the layers and then sew the scraps on, so I will have to quilt it in the end, and if I had of sandwiched it ahead of time the quilting would have already been done. I started out with these squares and each square having it's own color.













I plan to put borders in solid colors around the squares matching the color they are. So I thought I would do 8 squares across and 10 squares down with one color in each row. To save time in pulling out fabric, I decided to do all 10 black squares first and then move on to the next color.



























I can't wait to see this one finished, it is different like the selvage quilt, not sure what it will look like in the end, but know that it has the potential to look great.
I will keep you updated.







1 comment:

  1. Non compliant .....July 9, 2012 at 11:31 PM

    I can't wait to see this one done. Scraps...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete