Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Road Trip

Yesterday a car load of us headed to the states for a quick fabric run. We headed out n the morning, and were back that evening. There are 3 quilt shops from here to Beaver Bay, except one is closed on Tuesdays.
For any of you out there who have been to Behind the Seams, it is a fantastic shop but they are closed Tuesdays and Sundays.
I really enjoy going to the Quilt Corner in Beaver Bay, it has so much variety and all the colors inspire.

First stop was Crystals Cabin Quilt Shop in Grand Marais. There I bought some great buys and 2 perfect 10 kits. The colors are so pretty. 

We drove down the road to Behind the Seams Quilt Shop only to find it closed on Tuesdays. So on we went to Quilt Corner in Beaver Bay. I think this is my favorite shop, the colors, the patterns and all the choices.

I also enjoy collecting Fat Quarters here and there along the way, and I use them on scrap quilts. Fat quarters allow for such a variety of colors and patterns. I have quite the collection.

Now I must get to work finishing my selvage quilt, I bought the above florescent green flannel fabric to put on the back.
We are planning a road trip again for the Fall.............



No comments:

Post a Comment