Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mosaic Chair

I said if it stood still long enough then I would glue glass to it. After taking the class I came and took inventory on what I would mosaic. I had this old wooden chair that in my mind was getting closer to the a new home everyday, I had just got sick of looking at it taking up space. My grandmother had given it to me and I saved it from the landfill.
It needed a makeover.

















I went to Vintage Pixie to pick out the glass I wanted to use and I was so excited to get home and get started.
I finished this glass gluing portion in one afternoon and then I left it overnight to dry so I could grout it.
Here is the non grouted version, a pixie had a great idea since I wasn't using it as a chair to put a pot in the center for planting.













As hard as it was to just leave it alone and let it dry, I left it overnight. I got to it the next and grouted it which  turned out really well. I then the chair back in the garden where it belongs.


It turned out nice and I found something else in my garden that will have the glass treatment too, the roof of this well.


No comments:

Post a Comment