Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ugly Quilt Category

A friend and I were checking out some quilts online that were in the categories of ugly quilts.
For those quilters out there you know you have one of these. At the time you made the quilt, you picked out the fabric, thinking this looks good together. You made the quilt and looked at it and still thought job well done.
Later on down the road you look back at this creation and think "Oh wow, what was I thinking", you are not alone we all have these.  Here is mine:

I tried to sew my first quilt after seeing all the quilts and fabric my sister-in-law had and thought how hard can it be...Ha Ha Ha. I started sewing fabric together without measurements and no pattern. This quilt has never seen the light of day.
To all the ugly quilts out  there, you are not alone.
After I finished this fantastic creation I took a beginners quilting class at The Quilters Stash, it made a world of difference.

1 comment:

  1. I, (the sister-in-law) feel proud to have inspired Val into quilt making! It was just meant to be of course!!

    ReplyDelete