Friday, August 12, 2011

New Blogger

This blogger thing is new to me, but thought I would give it a try.
I have been following other quilters blogs and thought this could be fun.
I started quilting in 2005 when my mother signed me up as a birthday present for a beginners quilting class at the Quilters Stash.
Beginners Quilting Class
Taught by Deb Asher (far right)

I had kept my treasured quilt that I had made at that class and recently had it framed and it hangs in my living room.

When I first started I would haul my Singer sewing machine that weighed a ton to the classes, the belt on this thing ran so hard I thought one of these times it was going to burst into flames.
To some this machine may not seem that old but to me it was ancient.

 I soon splurged on a basic PFAFF sewing machine and I treasured that machine for 6 years. I ran it to the ground and it kept up.

Bought in November 2005

6  years later, I was in the Quilters Stash store and tried out a machine called Quilters Choice by Babylock and fell in love. We were meant to be. I saved and saved for that machine and then it went on sale, it really was meant to be.

Quilter's Choice

My dream machine.

And so that is how it all began......Piles of fabric later and many, many quilts later here I am starting a blog to share with you.


2 comments:

  1. Nice, about time!! This is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! I really enjoy having mine, its fun to look back over the posts from time to time. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better :)
    I've worn a few machines out myself...which has lead me to giving many more machines a good home.

    ReplyDelete