Friday, August 26, 2011

Easiest Tote Bag

I had bought this pattern from one of my favorite quilt shops, Behind the Seams just outside of Grand Marais, it has got to be the easiest tote bag ever!  I do not like patterns unless they have pictures to go with what they are saying, because sometimes what they say is a completely different language then English.

I made one for myself and it was so easy I had to make another, I headed down to Circle of Friends Quilt Shop and came across some great material, big bold prints and brights are my favorites. Of coarse I could not decide and ended up with two sets of colour choices here they are....


I really like them both but decided to start with the black, grey and red combination.


I then went to work making this bag.
It is really quite simple, you make a quilt sandwich, cut strips off the ends to make the handles, fold the sandwich in half and tah dah you have a bag.

The pattern looks like it could be pages from a coloring book.
I plan to finish this and give it away as a gift to a special someone.....updates to follow.

While working on this larger bag my grandmother asked me for a bag to put her knitting in when she goes to appointments.
I just took this larger tote bag pattern and used 2 fat quarters, made a quilt sandwich, cut one strip off one end and another off the other side for handles and here is my smaller version.


Isn't this the cutest knitting bag ever!

The reveal of all three bags (including the first one I made for myself ) and the owner of the black and red bag to follow......


2 comments:

  1. I love your combination in the red and black bag. It is going to be wonderful when finished. And the knitting bag is cute too. Your grandma must love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snazzy, and it gives more for your grandma to brag about while sitting waiting at those long appointments. Grandma's love doing that you know!!

    ReplyDelete