Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blanket # 2

I have been working on kid blankets for awhile and last night I finished the second one. I hit a couple of frustrating moments but here is where I started from.
This is where I had my first frustrating moment, after this point I started sandwiching the quilt and then stood back to look at it and something was bugging me about it but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then as I started to pin it I realized there was no border on it and this was an obvious thing that was missing when you see the finished quilt.
I had made this pattern for the first blanket just changed the black border around the squares. I used pencil shavings for this one as it is for a boy.

So now that I put the border on it, I started to put it together. You can see how much better it looks now that it has the border it was suppose to have in the first place.

I had put minky on the back of the other and had this great flannel with animals on it, so that is what I used. I buy most of my flannel in the States as they have the really soft flannel that I just cannot get here.
My supply is running low so I will have to make a trip soon.






I like the way the black binding frames the back and makes it stand out, I then decided to put the black around the label to make it stand out also.

Sam then did his part and the second blanket was complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment