Thursday, March 15, 2012

Perfect 10

This quilt is from the pattern "Perfect 10", I had bought it as a kit when I was in Grand Marais.
Jennifer the OT that I work with had excepted a job elsewhere and so she is leaving. I did not know the exact day she was leaving but I had planned to make her a quilt and give it to her on her last day. She then told us her last day was 7 days away. I found out on a Thursday that her last day was a week Friday and I was off the Thursday and Friday of her last week.
I had the weekend off and so I dedicated it to starting and finishing her quilt.










I quilted it with my swirl pattern that I feel comfortable doing. I added the second border because I wanted it be able to cover her feet.
I put a brown minky fabric on the because it is so soft and makes a great cuddle blanket.


I write all of my own labels to put on the back of my quilts, I always put a quote and my name. Here is what they look like before I finish them.

      
I gave it to her on Wednesday as that was my last working day with her and she was thrilled. I really enjoyed working with Jennifer, she is so passionate about her job, it inspires people to do good things.

Sam's doing his job of holding up the quilt so I could take a picture.

1 comment:

  1. ooooh I love the colours! and the prints, it's earthy and spring at the same time, a time of renewal, perfect for somebody lucky enough to receive a beautiful quilt from you Val and starting a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete