Wednesday, September 14, 2011

On My Travels

I just came back from a trip to Winnipeg, I drove there with my sister in law Sherri and along the way we stopped at 2 quilt stores.
When I go to a quilt store out of town, if nothing else I buy a fat quarter. I like to make scrap quilts out of the all the fat quarters I have collected.
First we stopped a a quilt store in Kenora where I pisked up this Fat Quarter,



We then drove on and stopped at a shop in Keewatin, here I found this great pattern, I love to do scrap quilt so I thought this pattern would be perfect for a new project.

Of coarse I picked up a Fat Quarter and here it is,



In Winnipeg we went to this huge Fabric Warehouse ( I'll have to get back to you with the name of the place ).
I picked up this really cute print with animals on it,

I got 1 metre of it, so I will cut a Fat Quarter out of it and the use the rest for some project down the line.

I picked up these 2 fabrics because I sew my own scrub tops for work, it is so much cheaper, once you find the perfect pattern it only takes an hour or so to make a top.


I had a great trip, next time I'm there, we plan to make a trip to Morden and put a dent in their fabric shops.


3 comments:

  1. It's called Marshall/Northwest Fabrics Ltd on Berry Street, what fun we have!! Looking forward to seeing your new scrub tops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogland. It is a lot of fun to keep track of what you are doing. Have fun blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to any of those shops I'll have to remember to next time I go west.
    That Max and Whiskers fabric is so cute, and I agree its nice to see people who wear scrubs at work who wear different and fun ones too.
    p.s. the quilts you showed at guild tonight were beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete