Saturday, September 3, 2011

I Love Log Cabins

I used to live in a basement apartment and I would use the wall of the living room as my design board. I had decided to make a log cabin quilt using all colours with a scrap quilt feel to it.
It started small like most of my quilts do but they never seem to end unless I run out of room. As I made the squares I would pin them to the wall so that no one colour would end up next to the same colour.
Then it began to grow.....

This is my favorite quilt I have made so far, it is just so much to look at.
The Quilters Stash Quilt Shop and I had raffled it off to raise money for the Food Bank in Thunder Bay.
The winner of this quilt was Brendan Kennedy, what a lucky guy. I'd have to say that I was sad to see it go, I look at the pictures from time to time and think that I will make a new one like this again.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful as the MAKER, think of all the good done because you offered your work to be raffled

    ReplyDelete