Sunday, September 4, 2011

Entry to Minnesota Quilt Show, Duluth

A friend of mine had mentioned to me that there was a Quilt Show in Duluth that I just had to go to. I checked out the website and got inspired to try and enter one of my quilts into the show.  There was a complete process that included sending some pictures of my quilt.  The committee then chooses what quilts they want in the show.
I sent my pictures and filled out all the proper paperwork and then I waited for my reply.
The quilt I had decided to make was one I had made by first planning it out on grid paper.

I chose my favorite colours and combined 3 types of blocks and just repeated one of them over and over.


My sister-in-law and I headed to Duluth for the quilt show. We found my quilt listed in the Quilt Show Guide, but I had to see it to believe it, I was nervous, what if they forgot to hang it.  I had to send the quilt in the mail prior to the show so you never know what it looked like when it arrived.
 I had received an Entrant ribbon that I was suppose to wear while at the show, I pinned the ribbon to my shirt and off we were to search for my quilt.
And we found it, I was so relieved that they remembered to hang it, we took so many picture of my quilt hanging, it was weird seeing my quilt hanging in a quilt show that had so many other quilts in it.


What a thrill, it was interesting just to stand back and listen to people comment on the quilt, not knowing that I was the one who made it.
We took in the rest of the show, it was great.
Perhaps I will get a chance to have another one of my quilts in the Minnesota Quilt Show when it comes back to Duluth in 2013.
Don't be afraid of entering quilt shows if you are new, you will be so proud of yourself when you see your quilt hanging in the show.

My sister-in-law bought me this wind chime because it reminded her of the colours of my quilt that I had in the show.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and the wind chime is nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Greetings from Finland! The quilt is LOVELY! Congratulations! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete