Sunday, December 25, 2011

Bauble Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone, this year I made a short list of sewing projects to do as Christmas gifts. I had seen a picture of bauble wreaths on the Internet and thought, I would try one. A friend of mine had moved into a new house and I thought what a great gift to give her.
I started with a foam wreath from the craft store and wrapped purple ribbon around it, this is her favorite colour.

I bought many different purple baubles and some co-ordinating colours and started with a few around the perimeter of the foam ring.


I then started to fill in the holes with the rest of my big purple baubles, I attached the baubles with my most universal little pink glue gun. That glue gun comes in handy all the time for many projects.


I worked on one side with the bigger baubles and then flipped it over to finish the other side.



When attaching the baubles to the wreath base, the top of the bauble where you attach the hook to hang it is removed giving a flat surface to glue to the foam wreath.


The smaller co-ordinating baubles I used as space fillers. I tied a wide purple ribbon around the wreath and secured it in place with my trustee glue gun. The wreath I thought would be heavy but it is quite lightweight, plastic baubles are very light.

Here is the final project!


I do get ideas from pictures on the Internet, this one did not quite turn out quite how I planned it but you can't win them all. I wanted to make a bauble Christmas tree and the picture I saw of it looked amazing, mine not so much.

Here is how I started, with a cooling rack and some parts used to make jewelry, I tried to eye ball the shape of a tree and this is where it didn't quite work out.


Not quite the shape of a tree but I hung it anyways and picked up a tiny Christmas tree also.




Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way both projects turned out Val, esp the wreath, fabulous!!!! and your tree is awesome, and next year you can change it up if you like, hehe.

    ReplyDelete