Monday, October 31, 2011

Twister Quilt Completed



Tah Dah, I really like the way this turned out. I do have to work on being more creative in my quilting patterns but everything in life is a work in progress.

I quilted it with all over swirls which has been my new pattern of choice, I usually just meander the whole thing.


I had bought the pumpkin material last year after Halloween and bought the rest of the bolt knowing that I would find a use for it, it is so cute with the mice noses sticking out from behind the pumpkins.

I had bought a whole pile of minky fabric during a sale and decided I would put brown on the back, this quilt would make the perfect couch blanket. I have one that is so comfortable to just curl up with because it is so soft on the back.

I do realize that this post is for Oct 31/11 and the label reads Nov 2011, when I finished it yesterday I was a few days ahead of myself when writing the label.

Try the new twister ruler it is a great tool which has awesome results, whether you use a charm pack or scrap squares, you will be shocked with the results, you never know what you will get until it's finished.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job quilting Val, I love the swirls!! They have a nice balance with the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete