Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wedding Quilt Finished

Can you believe it the Wedding Quilt is done, I have never finished anything this quickly but I loved the way it was turning out so I wanted to see the final product and it worked out so well.
Sam is doing his usual job, can you hear him 
 "Hurry up my arms are getting sore". 
My machine worked so well for me when quilting it, the stitches turned out even, no bunching of the material on the back. Well it worked well until it didn't and jammed but it came back from the sewing doctor purring like a kitten. Did I mention I used a very pretty variegated pastel thread to quilt, you can't tell from the pictures. 
It is not too heavy and not as big as I usually go, my mother is mailing it to New Brunswick. 
I also got a chance to use the minky that I got from Fabricland during a sale, I bought many metres of it in many colours. I put the purple on the back of this one and from the picture I hope you can see the butterflies  that are embedded into the fabric. It is really nice.

I picked a quote for the back to represent being in love, I thought it was appropriate. 

1 comment:

  1. The Wedding quilt is beautiful Val, nice job! Tell Safety Sam to stand on a chair so we can see his smiling face while he's doing his part!! : )

    ReplyDelete